Lions’ Roaring Chicken Cacciatore
It’s cold outside, and you are facing an event that requires you to be in the weather! Steam up your insides with the warmth and staying power of this potion. The red and gold colors are representative of Gryffindor House qualities!
Pieces of chicken, cut up—figure two to three to a person. (You can buy a frying chicken and cut it up, or you can buy your favorite types of chicken pieces–boneless breast (my favorite), thigh pieces— and use them.)
½ Cup flour
5 Tablespoons cooking oil
One (1) large green pepper, deseeded and sliced in lengthwise strips, or chunks
1 Tablespoon minced garlic (use a fresh clove and mince it—or use more of the garlic in the jar you used for Badgers’ Iron-strength Beans.)
One (1) jar favorite spaghetti sauce (Sometimes you can find a cacciatore sauce.) If you are making a large batch—use two jars.
One (1) Cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
Salt and choo-powder (black pepper) to taste
- If not already done, divide the chicken into serving pieces. Season with salt and choo-powder, and roll lightly in flour.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large and deep saucepan, on medium heat, and brown the chicken on all sides (lightly browned—about ten minutes).
- Mix the pepper slices, minced garlic, and the spaghetti sauce. Add to the chicken.
- Cover the pan and slow-simmer for 40 minutes on medium low to medium. While simmering, recite the spelle below three times, while waving your wand over the concoction.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to simmer until the mushrooms and chicken are tender. (Remove a piece of chicken and test it with a knife or fork—it should enter easily and remove easily with no pink juices.)
Red and Gold, both colors royal!
Let me eat this and be brave and loyal!
When I fly—either day or night!
Let me roar in pure delight!