Leprechauns’ Gold Cake
Surprise! Company is coming for a meal and you have been cleaning gnomes out of the garden, so there’s not much time to prepare a delicious meal, let alone a dessert! This cake is easy and quick to make—and will vanish faster than you can say “Cead Mile Failte” (One-hundred Thousand Welcomes).
¾ Cups sugar
½ Cup butter (or substitute)
1¼ Cups of “self-rising” flour
One (1) teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. While the oven is heating, grease (butter spray or Crisco) a 9” round cake pan.
- Mix the butter and sugar together. Then add the eggs, one by one, until well-mixed.
- Add the vanilla flavoring, and then gradually mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for ½ hour. While baking, recite the spelle below one time and wave your wand in front of the oven door.
- Eat warm. (May be served with a fruit compote or whipped cream over the top, or chocolate syrup and whipped cream, etc.)
Flashing and flighty,
Gold can be mighty.
But, Gold can leave you in tears
Just as fast as this cake disappears!
Value the things Family and Friends give for free–
Laughter and Love–and so be rich and happy.