Tennisnutter’s Chocolate Comfort
This potion is used after a hard day. It helps a being relax more when they are uptight or worried about something. It does have a slight variation, which will give the potion more of a kick after a bad day.
Warning: This potion contains raw egg (although the yolks are semi- heated). There is a risk of salmonella.
3 oz plain chocolate
1 oz. soft gold (butter)
3 small dragon eggs (large eggs)
1 Tbsp warm water*
3 fl. Oz. fresh double (heavy) cream (optional)
Grated chocolate (optional)
* If an adult wants more of a kick they may substitute the warm water with lukewarm brandy or rum. (Prof. Opal’s note: This is especially nice for an adult couple’s Valentine’s drink.
- Fill your cauldron with water and heat it. While the water is heating break the chocolate into small pieces, placing in a small bowl, and break the eggs separating the yolks and whites into two different bowls.
- When the water is hot, remove the pan from the heat, and put the chocolate in a basin and place this over your cauldron. Ensure that the water doesn’t touch the basin. (If you have a double boiler, this is ideal.)
- Add the soft gold to the chocolate and leave them to melt together. Stir occasionally.
- When the chocolate has melted, beat in the egg yokes. When the mixture is smooth remove the basin from the cauldron. Stir in the tablespoon of warm water (or brandy or rum).
- Beat egg white until it is stiff and fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into 4 individual, decorative, magical cups and chill.
- Before serving you may decorate the chocolate cups. Whip the double (heavy) cream until it is slightly stiff, then add a blob over the top of the cups; sprinkle the grated chocolate over the cream.
- Holding your wand over the cups, say the following:
Chocolate comfort me now
After my day,
Until I am relaxed
And my worries float away.