Impetuous Tomato Puree Potion
This potion inspires a normally staid and overly cautious being to be a bit more adventurous. It will not make a being more reckless, but it will help one to be more at ease in difficult social situations (entertaining a high-powered dignitary from another realm, for example) and to increase one’s ability to take calculated risks.
Two (2) cloves garlic (pressed or finely chopped)
Three (3) Tablespoons olive oil
One-half (1/2) teaspoon salt (optional)
A few sprigs of parsley (finely chopped)
Twenty-eight to Thirty-two (28 to 32) ounces of canned crushed tomatoes
One (1) Beaker (Cup) of whole milk (or, water for lactose intolerance)*
One-quarter (1/4) teaspoon dried dill (fresh may also be used)
*For extra strength, use I/2 C milk/water and 1/2 C Imitation Dragon’s Blood
1) Put olive oil on bottom of medium-sized cauldron and turn the flame to medium height.
2) Saute (lightly fry) the garlic for about five minutes–but don’t burn it. Turn off flame and remove the garlic from heat.
3) Add the salt (optional) and add the parsley and stir together with garlic.
4) Open the can/jar of tomatoes and pour tomatoes into a blender. Blend on High.
5) Pour blended tomatoes into the cauldron with the garlic mixture and heat on medium to high flame, but do not boil.
6) Add milk or water and dill leaves.
7) Heat for a few minutes more, but do not boil if milk is used. Recite the following as you warm the potion:
Strings and fears that hold so tight
Relax your powers so that I* might
Enjoy this new experience
While I* still use my* good sense.
*or someone’s name
8) Potion may then be consumed.