Butter Beer #4
There are some days when one can’t quite decide whether to drink or eat something that will cool one off or warm one up! The following potion is designed for those “hot, hot, hot” occasions or for those downright chilly days! Indeed, it is guaranteed, if concocted properly, to help warm or cool the consumer, depending on his or her need.
1 pint vanilla ice cream (softened)
1/2 stick butter (softened) (low-sodium is preferred)
1/3 Beaker (Cup) brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. grated nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground clove
1 quart apple cider
1) Cream butter, sugar and spices together in large bowl.
2) Beat in the vanilla ice cream.
3) Re-freeze the mixture. (You can freeze it in the mixing bowl.)
4) While mixture is hardening, place the apple cider in large saucepan or medium stockpot. Heat the cider, but try not to boil.
5) Scoop out the frozen mixture into glasses–it depends on how much of the mixture you want as to how many servings this will make. You probably can get three or four servings.
6) Pour hot apple cider over the ice cream mixture.
7) Before serving, recite the following spelle three times:
Double nature, hot and cold,
Makes this mixture rich like gold.
And it is no mean feat
That it serves both to chill and heat!